Advocating for change and raising awareness within one's own communities is central to the fight against gender based violence and trafficking world wide.
Recognising the power of knowledge and voice, by reading texts and remaining engaged with the issues at hand, you can make change.
Share your knowedlge with those around you. Talk, explain and show the problem. Organise through community events such as a stall at a market fair, flyer distribution etc, raised important awareness about this important issue.
Some media we recommend include:
- Sold, by Patritia McCormick
- Ending Sex slavery - Priceless Cube
- Gender-based Violence, edited by Geraldine Terry, and Joanna Hoare
- Untouchable: Children of God documentary
- “Modern slavery in Nepal: Understanding the problem and existing responses”